Aging is something that humans strive to conquer each and every single day. Everyone seems to be obsessed with the notion of staying young and why not? Of course, nobody wants to be that senile old man or woman who depends on others for everything. No one wants their bones to become denser, their skin loose and wrinkled, or their knees to buckle every time they try to stand up. Nobody would want to have those persistent backaches or have a losing battle with Alzheimer’s disease. Aging does not mean you have to be fragile, weak, bitter and depressed.
A significant component of aging is the reduction of the telomere chains at the chromosome ends, as each cell division occurs. However, the body has means to repair these ends again, with an enzyme called telomerase. The rapidity of the aging process depends on the lack of efficiency in this repair process.
While some of the many evils of aging require medical expertise, relaxation and maintaining a positive outlook in life can also be effective in combating aging. Tension speeds up the aging process. Unhealthy eating habits and lethargy will advance the aging process. Vices, such as smoking and drinking, must also be mentioned as a key player in the advancement of aging.
Here are some tips to help win the war against aging producing a lifestyle that efficiently helps the body to create telomerase, the enzyme that repairs the age specific chromosomes.
1. There is a big difference between growing old and growing. Anybody can grow older even if he is not doing anything. The best idea is to grow and find the opportunity to change for the better.
2. You must have a goal or a dream. Define your goals. Write them down. Log your goals in a journal and evaluate the benefits at the end of each day.
3. Have no regrets.
4. Laugh and find humor every day. An aging person with a young attitude, positively never feel old. “To keep the heart unwrinkled, to be hopeful, to be kind, to be cheerful, to be reverent …. “- Amos Bronson Alcott
5. Be adaptive and learn to accept change. The willingness to grow personally is a hallmark of one with a youth perspective.
6. Remember that you are as young as you feel. “When it comes to staying young, mind-lift beats a face-lift any day.
7. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person, who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be alive while you are alive, they put out a box on the highway of death and just do not expect your internal mail.
8. Enjoy the simple things. When children are young, that’s all you can afford. When in college, that’s all you can afford. When you are in retirement, that’s all you can afford!
9. Surround yourself with what you love. Make your home your refuge.
“Herbal Remedies and Natural Remedies.” Tips to Stay Young Forever. Web. 31 May